‘ IBM Informix-4GL with extensions ‘ is a free-ware, open-source, clone-compiler .  Free downloads are available.  This 4g generates Embedded SQL / C, which is further expanded into low level C (programming language) code by the C pre-processor and; Which in turn, is finally compiled into a specific CPU architecture.
- Embedded SQL
- Connectivity to wide range of databases
- A report writer
- A forms compiler component
- Conventional 3GL statements, variables and arrays
- Memory structure
- Functions and C ( code language) code extensibility
- Libraries of existing code
- Extensions to the basic IBM Informix-4GL as well as extensions from other clones
- Uses the GCC compiler by default with “gnu make”
Mike Aubury created the compiler. The Source Forge site was created on Mon 11 of Jul, 2005.
- Jump up^ Web site home page
- Jump up^ from Source Forge.net See references below