Amfphp is a library for PHP -based application back ends. Key features are support for AMF among other protocols , and developer tools such as a browser, a client code generator, and a performance profiler. Amfphp is used for games and Apache Flex business applications.
- Support for parsing AMF  and other protocols 
- Service browser 
- Plugin system 
- Client code generation 
- In 2002 Wolfgang Hamman reverse engineers the AMF format to create a working gateway. 
- Other developers (Justin Watkins, John Cowen).
- In December 2004, Patrick Mineault releases version 1.0
- In October 2007 Wade Arnold took the lead from the Amfphp project with a support for the AMF3 protocol. 1.9 beta 2 is released in January 2008, but then development stalls as Wade Arnold  is hired by Adobe to work on Zend AMF. 
- Ariel Sommeria-klein and Danny Kopping pick up the project in December 2009. Version 1.9 is released in February 2010.
- In 2010 Silex Labs is founded, and officially takes control of the project. Ariel Sommeria-Klein takes team lead.
- Version 2.0, a near complete rewrite is released in September 2011. 
- Version 2.1 is released in June 2012, adding client project stub generation. 
- Version 2.2 is released in December 2013, adding profiling performance. 
- Version 2.2.1 is released in August 2014. 
- Version 2.2.2 is released in January 2016. 
- Jump up^ Introduction to Amfphp
- Jump up^ Using Alternative Data Formats (JSON, etc.)
- Jump up^ Connecting to a Database Using Amfphp 4 RemoteObject
- Jump up^ Plugins
- Jump up^ Client Generators
- Jump up^ Flash remoting for PHP: A responsive
- Jump up^ Wade Arnold »Zend Amf Questions, Features, Demos, Bugs? ArchivedJune 26, 2009, at theWayback Machine.
- Jump up^ Zend Framework
- Jump up^ Amfphp v2 Reloaded is out
- Jump up^ Amfphp 2.1 Generator is out!
- Jump up^ Amfphp 2.2 Profiler is out!
- Jump up^ Amfphp 2.2.1 Profiler is out!
- Jump up^ Updates for Amfphp and AMF Baguette