Ametys is a free and open source content management system (CMS) written in Java . It is based on JSR-170 for content storage,  Open Social  for gadget rendering and a XML oriented framework. It is designed to run large corporate websites, blogs, intranets and extranets on the same server.
As of May 2012 , Ametys claims to run more than 30,000 websites. [ Citation needed ]
Ametys is Java based  and runs on Any computing platform able of running the Java Runtime Environment and an application server .
Ametys is a professional open-source CMS ( content management system ) written in Java.
Ametys Was created in 2003 by Web and Java experts and passionated Was Then ported to the level of a professional open source CMS by Anyware Services (headquarters in France ) in 2009.
Since 2005 and deployments of Ametys in higher education, specific components for uPortal and Jasig projects were developed. [ Citation needed ] Ametys evolved through the collaboration of the community of developers, users and integrators.
The downloadable version includes user authentication via LDAP and CAS , and a WYSIWYG editor administration.
Ametys 3.4 was released in August 2012 and saw several improvements and new functionality including new plugins as UGC , glossary, FAQ, and blog management. It also included new practices of social web .
Ametys is used extensively by public corporations and public institutions. Ametys users include:
- Industrial companies – Namely Pharmaceuticals company websites using Ametys according to Wappalyzer
- Higher education – Ametys is deployed in more than 20 universities in France like Paris Sorbonne University
- Public administration stakeholders – Directorate of Official Journals
The official website Ametys Provides a list of users: Ametys CMS References
Ametys comes with many features:
- Multi-site and multilingual platform
- Front-end editing
- RSS feed support
- Document library manager, Alfresco and other document library integration
- LDAP Integration
- Website tools: comments feed, Shareware , Twitter feed integration, OpenSocial gadgets
- Blogs and wikis
- Newsletter management
- Web Form management
- Online survey management
- Official website
- Example of sites that use Ametys
- Jump up^ “Ask the community and JCR” . Michael Marth . 2008-01-16.
- Jump up^ “List of OpenSocial Containers” . Jonathan LeBlanc .
- Jump up^ “Ametys Project on ohloh.net” . Http://www.ohloh.net/ . External link in( help )