Virginia Abernethy (born 1934) is a Cuban-born American academic. She is an emeritus of psychiatry and anthropology at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. She has published research on population demography and immigration. She ran for Vice President of the United States in 2012 Alongside Merlin Miller for the American Freedom Party , a Party That Promotes white supremacy .   
In 2012, the Anti-Defamation League referred to Abernathy as an “unabashed white supremacist”, and the Southern Poverty Law Center called her “full-fledged professor of hate,” adding her to a list of 30 new activists heading the radical right .  Abernethy denied that she was a “white supremacist,” preferring to describe herself as an “ethnic separatist.”
Virginia Deane Abernethy was born in 1934 in Cuba .   She grew up in Argentina and New York City .  She was educated at Riverdale Country School in New York City.  She received a BA from Wellesley College , an MBA from Vanderbilt University, and Ph.D. from Harvard University .  
She was Professor of Psychiatry and Anthropology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee for twenty years.  She retired in the 1990s, and still retains an office on campus as Professor Emerita.   She is an anthropology fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science . 
She describes herself as an “ethnic separatist”.  An outspoken opponent of immigration, she has called for a complete moratorium on immigration into the United States.  She claims that immigrants devalue the workforce, deplete scarce resources, adversely impact carrying capacity , and that Third World immigration has led to dangerous diseases within the United States.  She has countered claims of racism against her friendship with Jesse Lee Peterson . 
Her research has focused on the issues of population and culture . Her most famous work discounts the demographic transition theory, which holds that fertility drops as women become more educated and contraceptives become more available. In her place she has developed a fertility-opportunity hypothesis which states that fertility follows perceived economic opportunity. A corollary to this hypothesis is that food aid to developing nations will only exacerbate overpopulation . She has advocated in favor of microloans to women in the place of international aid,
She has opposed programs that would spur economic development in the developed countries on the grounds that they are self-defeating. In the December 1994 issue of The Atlantic Monthly, the authors of an article entitled “Optimism and Overpopulation” in which she argued that “efforts to alleviate poverty often spur population growth , as does leaving the door to immigration.” Subsidies, windfalls, and the prospect Of the economic and social development of the economy and of the economic and social development of the country. [ Citation needed ]
She has written or edited several books, including: Population Politics: The Choices that Shape our Future , 1993, and Population Pressure and Cultural Adjustment , 1979. Abernethy has written articles that have appeared in Chronicles , The Social Contract Press , The Atlantic Monthly , And numerous academic journals . She has also made occasional contributions to the VDARE weblog .
She served 1989-1999 as the editor of the academic journal Population and Environment . She also served on the editorial board of the Citizen Informer, the newsletter of the Council of Conservative Citizens (CofCC), a neo-Confederate organization. CofCC-affiliated radio show, The Political Cesspool . Abernethy regularly addresses meetings of the CofCC. She is on the editorial advisory board of the Occidental Quarterly , a white nationalist scholarly journal. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Carrying Capacity Network ,
On June 29, 2011, the American Third Position Party announced that she had joined their Board of Directors.  She was later nominated as their nominated Vice Presidential.   
Protect Arizona Now
She was involved in Arizona’s 200 Campaign Proposal. She was Chair of the National Advisory Board of the Protect Arizona Now (PAN). (Proposal 200, which passed November 2, further limits to voting and government benefits by anyone without documentation.)
During the campaign, she is a journalist and a journalist, and she is the author of a series of articles on the subject of “separatist”. That I am not a supremacist. I know that ethnic groups are more comfortable with their own kind. ” 
In a letter to The Washington Times printed September 30, 2004, she rebutted their reporting of her as a “self-described ‘racial separatist ‘ “, indicating that she is an ethnic separatist instead. “The pluribus unum .” She wrote, “The goals of the multicultural game are ethnic separatism, ethnic privilege and ethnic power.” European-Americans are “late on the playing field” and need to catch up because if they do not play the game “my family and kin will lose out”. 
Abernethy ran in election for vice president of the United States in 2012. She Was the running mate of Merlin Miller , Who ran for President, in the 2012 US Presidential election , for the American Freedom Party . According to an AmericanFreedomUnion.com posting, they were on the ballot in Colorado, New Jersey, and Tennessee. 
Abernethy is a critic of Wikipedia, stemming from her attempts to add opinions to her own article on the online encyclopedia. 
- Jump up^ “Ron Paul’s campaign denies white supremacist ties alleged by Anonymous” . Yahoo! News . 2012-02-03 . Retrieved 2012-02-18 .
- Jump up^ Alison Knezevich (2011-06-15). “Labor changing mind on Tomblin?” . The Charleston Gazette .
- Jump up^ Sanya Khetani (2012-02-01). “Anonymous Has Revealed The British National Party’s Links To An American White Supremacist Group” . Business Insider . Retrieved 2012-02-18 .
- Jump up^ Wadhwani, Anita (October 22, 2012). “Hate watch list includes retired Vanderbilt professor” . USA Today . Retrieved 19 February 2014 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f “About Virginia” , Dr. Abernethy’s home page, retrieved Oct 19, 2009.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g h Anita Wadhwani, Hate watch list includes retired Vanderbilt professor , USA Today , October 22, 2012
- Jump up^ TOQ-Virginia Deane Abernethy – TB and immigration-Vol 2 No 3
- Jump up^ “The Minister of Minstrelsy” . The Nation . Retrieved November 4, 2009 .
- Jump up^ Dr. Virginia Abernethy joins American Third Position Board of Directors | American Third Position
- Jump up^ Racist Prof to Join Group That Seeks White Rule in America |Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center
- Jump up^ Migrant foe tied to racism | Arizona local news – Mesa, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Tempe, Chandler | Eastvalleytribune.com
- Jump up^ American Renaissance News: … While Arizonans Debate Illegals
- Jump up^ american-eagle-party-ready-to-soar /
- Jump up^ Abernethy, Virginia (July 30, 2007). “As Others View Us: Wikepedia entry for Virginia Abernethy” . Virginiaabernethy.com . Retrieved November 8, 2015 .