riscos.info is a website for users of the RISC OS operating system , run by Peter and John Tytgat Naulls. It is a community web site, intended to encourage user involvement.  It hosts the RISC OS FAQ , which was formerly distributed via the comp.sys.acorn. * Newsgroups . It has-been selected for inclusion by editors in at least one web directory ,   and est Cited as a Useful resource for C programming under RISC OS ,  for the Unix Porting Project  and for hosting The port of Firefox .
The riscos.info wiki Was Developed as an Evolution to the form riscos.info static happy Originally lancé in March 2002.   The form Site Was lancé as a guide to C programming under RISC OS.   The migration to a wiki was announced in 2006. 
The current website combines the formation static content with articles from riscos.blog.com. It also includes the addition of the Unix Porting Project (presented at the RISC OS User Group in London in 2003)  and GCCSDK (the development environment for the RISC OS port of GCC ).  The majority of the original sites were written by Naulls. Other happy Was Written gold Contributed to by other members of the RISC OScommunity, PARTICULARLY GCCSDK the team.
The site features RISC OS articles, news and other media. Registered users are able to contribute to the wiki and add their own news items.
GCCSDK included GCC for RISC OS and the GCC Software Development Kit itself. The ‘ GCC for RISC OS Initiative ‘ Was founded in 1999  and the combined GCCSDK Was hosted via riscos.info (AS 3.4.5 release ) in 2006.  Version 4.1.1 (Release 2) Was released in 2009 ,  with bug reporting added in 2010. 
The site has hosted the RISC OS port of Firefox since 2005,   with Thunderbird being added in 2007.   A recovered build of Linux for the PC was published on the site in 2006. [ 19] Other hosted projects are ‘ ArcEm ‘ , ‘ dcraw ‘ , ‘ DOSBox ‘ , ‘ PDF ‘ , ‘ ScummVM ‘ , and ‘ whois ‘ . 
- Subversion repositories (Host for GCCSDK projects)
- Mailing lists (for GCC, SVN commits, RPCEmu)
- Acorn C / C ++
- ^ Jump up to:a b Naulls, Peter. “RISC OS: About – RISC OS” . Riscos.info . Retrieved 2011-05-12 .
The riscos.info Wiki is a community and developer-driven RISC OS website, intended to encourage user involvement, as well as provide a forum for RISC OS articles, news and other media.
- Jump up^ “What’s New – All Sites Added 7/20/2009” . Best of the Web . Best of the Web Directory . 2009-07-20 . Retrieved 2011-06-04 .
Riscos.info – Repository of RISC OS information including projects, news, articles, and tutorials.
- Jump up^ “The world’s top programming websites” . websbiggest.com. 2009 . Retrieved 2011-06-04 .
C Programming Information Guide to C programming on RISC OS. Documentation and tutorials, compilers, libraries, and downloads. http://www.riscos.info/
- Jump up^ Round, Mark (2004-02-26). “Emulating RISC OS under Windows” . OSnews . OSNews . Retrieved 2011-05-24 .
RISC OS: […] RISC OS C Programming [ http://www.riscos.info/ ] – A wealth of information on programming in C for RISC OS.
- Jump up^ polas (2008-10-01). “An alternative choice – Risc OS” . TechnicalTalk . Technicaltalk.net . Retrieved 2011-05-24 .
Some RISC OS related URLs: […] http://www.riscos.info/ – RISC OS information site, hosting a free emulator and also the unix porting project.
- Jump up^ Naulls, Peter (2002-07-19). “Www.riscos.info – RISC OS C Programming Information” . Riscos.info . riscos.info. Archived from the original on 2002-08-02 . Retrieved 2011-05-18 .
Changelog: 24-03-2002 – Site launched
- ^ Jump up to:a b Williams, Chris (2002-03-28). “Riscos.info goes live” . Drobe Launchpad . Drobe . Retrieved 2011-05-13 .
Describing itself as a resource for RISC OS C programmers, riscos.info has only this week opened its doors to the public.
- Jump up^ Goodwin, Richard (2002-03-28). “Riscos.info – C for the masses” . The Icon Bar . One Point Nought . Retrieved 2011-05-13 .
Peter Naulls […] has launched his new riscos.info site. C programming under RISC OS, with copious personal experience and thrown in discussions.
- Jump up^ Naulls, Peter (6 April 2006). “Riscos.info Wiki launched” . Riscos.blog.com . Archived from the original on 3 May 2006 . Retrieved 28 October 2013 .
- Jump up^ ROUGOL (September 15, 2003). “RISC OS UNIX Porting Project at ROUGOL, Monday 15 September 2003” . Newsgroup : comp.sys.acorn.announce . Usenet: email@example.com. Retrieved June 6, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Shaw, Graham (Feb 2007). “History”. Using UnixLib . Northampton, UK: The RISC OS Packaging Project. p. 5. ISBN 978-0-9547962-1-1 . Retrieved 2011-05-25 .
[…] to the GCC for RISC OS Initiative, which was founded on 27th July 1999.
- Jump up^ Tytgat, John (2006-02-15). “GCCSDK GCC 3.4.5 Release 1 for RISC OS now available” . Gcc Archives (mailing list) . Riscos.info . Retrieved 2011-05-24 .
This is the first release of GCC 3.4.5 for RISC OS.
- Jump up^ Tytgat, John (2009-12-27). “GCCSDK GCC 4.1.1 Release 2” . Gcc Archives (mailing list) . Riscos.info . Retrieved 2011-05-24 .
I’m happy to announce GCCSDK GCC 4.1.1 Release 2 […]
- Jump up^ Peter, Naulls (2010-01-07). “Riscos.info bug reporting now open” . Gcc Archives (mailing list) . Riscos.info . Retrieved 2011-05-24 .
- Jump up^ Williams, Chris (2005-06-20). “Firefox first beta published” . Drobe . Drobe . Retrieved 2011-06-03 .
The first public beta version of the RISC OS Firefox port is now available for download. […] According to developer Peter Naulls […]
- Jump up^ Poole, Andrew (2005-06-20). “RISC OS Firefox beta surfaces” . The Icon Bar . One Point Nought . Retrieved 2011-06-03 .
Peter Naulls today released his RISC OS port of the Firefox web browser […]
- Jump up^ “Thunderbird” demo ‘port released ” . Drobe . Drobe . 2007-01-31 . Retrieved 2011-06-04 .
The open source client, which is a stablemate of the Firefox web browser, is now available as a free download from Peter’s riscos.info website.
- Jump up^ Holwerda, Thom (2007-01-31). “Thunderbird Port for RISC OS Released” . OSnews . OSNews . Retrieved 2011-06-04 .
[…] Thunderbird for RISC OS. You can get the build here [ http://www.riscos.info/unix/firefox/ ].
- Jump up^ “Acorn PC card Linux files unarthed” . NEWS3K.COM. 2009-12-28 . Retrieved 2011-06-04 .
An old build of Linux for Acorn PC has been uploaded to riscos.info as part of a new drive to the PC Card Linux project.
- Jump up^ “Index of packages by categories” . Riscos.info . Retrieved 2011-06-03 .