Rémi Mathis FRSA , (born 20 November 1982) is a French historian, curator, and free-culture advocate.
Rémi Mathis graduated from the Ecole Nationale des Chartes in 2007. The National School of Information Science and Libraries . [ Citation needed ]
Mathis was in charge of the library of humanities and social science at the Paris Descartes University from 2008 to 2010. Since 2010, he has been a curator for 17th century collections at the Department of Prints and Photographs of the National Library of France . He is the editor of the library’s News of the print .  He is a member of the National Committee for French Engraving ( en ) ( French : National Committee of the print ). 
Mathis’ research focuses on the 17th century, specifically Jansenism and diplomatic history. His dissertation, written under the supervision of Lucien Bély and Olivier Poncet , focuses on Simon Arnauld de Pomponne .  In 2012, he wrote a book about Pomponne and Robert Arnauld d’Andilly .  He has contributed to Papers on French Seventeenth Century Literature . 
Free culture advocacy
Mathis is active in promoting the legalization of freedom of panorama in France.  He also advocates against the privatization of the digitization of public-domain works. “The Janus of Transmission,” by The Literary Magazine . 
He is a member of Wikimedia France ,  and served as President from April 2011 to October 2014.  In April 2013, the French interior intelligence agency Central Directorate of Internal Intelligence (DCRI) Mathis pressured into deleting the French language Wikipedia Article about the Military radio station of Pierre-sur-Haute , under threat of detention and criminal charge.   Later, the article was restored by another Wikipedia contributor based in Switzerland .  
He was named Wikipedian of the Year by Jimmy Wales at Wikimania 2013. 
- From negotiation to embassy relations: Simon Arnauld de Pomponne and his second embassy in Sweden (1671) , Revue d’histoire diplomatique , 2005, 3, p. 263-276
- Simon Arnauld de Pomponne, Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Louis XIV (1618-1699) , thesis. O. Poncet and L. Bely, 2007, 2 vols. (Vol 1, text, 691 pp., Vol 2, vouchers, 621 p.)
- An Arnauld at the Hotel de Rambouillet: note on an unknown poem by Henri Arnauld, Jansenist bishop of Angers. 17th century 2008, 4, p. 725-730.
- The “worlds apart”: symbolic and critical representations of the seclusion in the seventeenth century. Papers on French Seventeenth Century Literature , Vol. XXXVIII, No. 73, 2010 (with G. Louis and F. Poulet).
- National retrospective bibliographies. Between search for identity and identity of research. Saarbrücken: European University Publishing, 2010, 120 p. ISBN 9786131510113 .
- Politics, Jansenism and Sociability in the Comminges of the Great Century: the friendship between Gilbert de Choiseul, Bishop of Comminges, and Simon Arnauld de Pomponne, 1659-1662 . 2011.
- The Solitaire and the Minister: Arnauld d’Andilly-Arnauld de Pomponne’s correspondence (1642-1673) , Paris, Nolin, 2012 ( Universal Port-Royal Collection , 21), 272 p. ISBN 9782910487409 .
- Ruin and survival of Port-Royal (1679-1713) . Proceedings of the conference convened by Hermann Sylvio De Franceschi and Rémi Mathis. Paris, Society of Friends of Port-Royal, 2012.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Mathis, Rémi (1982 -….)” (in French). BNF.
- Jump up^ BNF, RA 2010 – Report Schedule 3 – Research, June 2011, ref. BNF-ADM-2011-042266-01
- Jump up^ School Library charters, 2007, No. 2, p. 701
- Jump up^ The Solitaire Minister: Arnauld correspondence Andilly Pomponne-Arnauld (1642-1673), foreword by Olivier Poncet, Paris: Nolin (“Universe Port Royal”, 21), 2012, (ISBN 9782910487409)
- Jump up^ The “Worlds Apart”: critical and symbolic representations of sidelining the xviith century, ed. R. Mathis, G. Louis, F. Chicken, Papers on French Seventeenth Century Literature, 38, 73, 2010.
- Jump up^ Mathis, Rémi (27 September 2011)Make the French their architectural landscape. Lemonde.fr. Retrieved on 9 April 2013.
- Jump up^ Rovere, MaximeRémi Mathis – The President of Wikimedia France is a passer-by of knowledge. Madfor, p. 17
- Jump up^ Transmission, Wikipedia and prints … Interview to the Literary Magazine “À la Toison d’or. Alatoisondor.wordpress.com, 2 April 2012.
- Jump up^ “Back on the general assembly of the 10 years of Wikimedia France” . Around Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects (in French) . Retrieved 2016-11-21 .
- Jump up^ Willsher, Kim (7 April 2013). “French secret service accused of censorship over Wikipedia page” . Guardian . Retrieved 7 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ Kleinz, Torsten (6 April 2013). “Französischer Geheimdienst verlangt Löschung eines Wikipedia-Artikels” . Heise Online (in German). Heise . Retrieved 5 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ “French homeland intelligence threatens a volunteer sysop to delete a Wikipedia article” (Press release). Wikimedia United States. 6 April 2013 . Retrieved 6 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ DCRI accused of having illegally forced the deletion of an article from Wikipedia – Le Monde , 6 April 2013(in French)
- Jump up^ “Congratulations to @RemiMathis, honored by @jimmy_wales as Wikipedian of the Year at #Wikimania.” . Wikimedia . Twitter . Retrieved 16 December 2013 .