J. Caleb Clanton (born November 30, 1978) is Professor of Philosophy at Lipscomb University . He taught at Vanderbilt University and Pepperdine University . Clanton is known for his research on philosophy of religion and moral philosophy .        He is the recipient of the Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence and the Lester McAllister Prize .
- Philosophy of Religion in the Classical American Tradition, University of Tennessee Press, 2016
- The Philosophy of Religion of Alexander Campbell, University of Tennessee Press, 2013 (winner of the Lester McAllister Prize)
- The Classical American Pragmatists & Religion, Baylor University Press, 2011
- The Ethics of Citizenship, Baylor University Press, 2009
- Religion & Democratic Citizenship, Lexington Books, 2008
- Alexander Campbell (clergyman)
- Andrew Forcehimes
- Jump up^ Atkins, Richard Kenneth (March 30, 2017). “Review of Philosophy of Religion in the Classical American Tradition” . ISSN 1538-1617 .
- Jump up^ Talisse, Robert B. (April 21, 2009). “Reply to Clanton and Forcehimes” . Contemporary Pragmatism . 6 (2): 185-189. ISSN 1875-8185 . Doi : 10.1163 / 18758185-90000122 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Matthew (June 17, 2014). “The Philosophy of Religion of Alexander Campbell by J. Caleb Clanton (review)” . Register of the Kentucky Historical Society . 112 (2): 289-291. ISSN 2161-0355 . Doi : 10.1353 / khs.2014.0081 .
- Jump up^ “Alexander Campbell, Freeus Evil and Meticulous Providence” . John Mark Hicks . 11 June 2013 . Retrieved 13 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Swaine, Lucas (April 19, 2009). “Review of Religion and Democratic Citizenship: Inquiry and Conviction in the American Public Square . ” ISSN 1538-1617 .
- Jump up^ Review of J. Caleb Clanton, Religion and Democratic Citizenship: Inquiry and Conviction in the American Public Square, in Journal of Church and State Vol 52., No. 5 (Winter 2010): 160-162.
- Jump up^ Foster, James JS (1 January 2008). “RELIGION AND DEMOCRATIC CITIZENSHIP” . Soundings: An Interdisciplinary Journal . 91 (1/2): 201-207.