Introduction to Economic Analysis is a university microeconomics textbook by Caltech Professor Preston McAfee .  It is available free of charge under Creative Commons license  (an open source ); Under this “license, which requires attribution, users can pick and choose chapters or integrate with their own material”. 
Introduction to Economic Analysis was the first published complete textbook being openly available online.  McAfee was named SPARC innovator for year 2009  for making the book freely accessible.
The book has been updated three times since it was first introduced. Version 2 is available online from Professor McAfee.
Version 3 is co-authored with Professor Tracy Lewis of the Fuqua School of Business and was published by Flat World Knowledge in 2009  under a Creative Commonslicense.  Introduction to Economic Analysis is already used on campuses from Harvard to New York University . 
- Jump up^ R. Preston McAfeeonline Curriculum Vitae.
- Jump up^ R. Preston McAfee, Introduction to Economic Analysis ,ISBN 1-60049-000-X
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Preston McAfee named newest SPARC innovator , SPARC, January 21, 2009
- Jump up^ Introduction to Economic Analysis 2009.ISBN 978-1-936126-12-5for color,ISBN 978-0-9820430-9-7for black and white. Anopen textbookfor university intermediatemicroeconomics.
- Jump up^ Creative Commons BY-NC-SA3.0 Unported License.