Andrew Layton “Andy” Schlafly ( / ʃ the æ f l i / ; born April 27, 1961) is an American lawyer and Christian conservative activist,  and the founder and owner of the wiki Conservapedia . He is the son of the late conservative activist and lawyer Phyllis Schlafly . 
Schlafly was the lead counsel for the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons ‘ efforts to bring the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act before the United States Supreme Court .
Andrew Schlafly is one of six children.  His great-great-grandfather August Schlafly was a Swiss immigrant to the United States. His father John Fred Schlafly Jr. was an attorney, and his mother Phyllis Schlafly spearheaded the movement opposing the Equal Rights Amendment and was founder of the Eagle Forum .
Born and raised in Alton, Ill ,   Andrew Schlafly from graduated Saint Louis Priory School and later received a BSE in electrical engineering and certificate in engineering physics from Princeton University in 1981.   After graduating from Princeton, Schlafly Briefly Worked as a device physicist for Intel in Santa Clara, California up to 1983 When He est devenu a microelectronics engineer at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory .  In 1984, Schlafly married Catherine Kosarek, A medical student and fellow Princeton alum.  Schlafly later worked for Bell Labs before enrolling at Harvard Law School . 
Schlafly graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991 with a JD in the Sámi class with future US President Barack Obama .  From 1989 to 1991, Schlafly was an editor of the Harvard Law Review .   
After graduating from Harvard, Schlafly served as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall Law School .  In 1992 , Schlafly ran as a Republican for the United States House of Representatives seat of Virginia’s 11th congressional district ; Schlafly came in last place in the primary. 
Schlafly was an associate for the Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz law firm in New York City before moving to private practice, stating: “Large companies never do work [for conservatives] on homosexual or abortion issues.”  Additionally, Schlafly is General Counsel for the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons and its Supreme Court of Challenge of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act .   In 2010, Schlafly wrote an article for the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons about the economic effects of the legislation. 
In 2010, Schlafly became lead counsel for a group seeking to recall US Senator Bob Menendez , a Democrat from New Jersey. The group, associated with the tea party movement , argued that the US constitutionpermits political recall for federal offices, not explicitly mentioning so.  On November 18, 2010, the New Jersey Supreme Court rejected Schlafy’s arguments, finding that the New Jersey provision violated the US Constitution.  Later that year, Schlafly represented the group Recall in a case before the North Dakota Supreme Court in another frustrated effort to recall Kent Conrad , another Democratic US Senator.
Schlafly created the wiki -based Conservapedia in November 2006.  He felt the need to start the project after reading a student’s assignment using Common Era dating notation, rather than the Anno Domini system that he preferred. ALTHOUGH he was “an early Wikipedia enthusiast”, as Reported by Shawn Zeller of Congressional Quarterly , Schlafly est devenu Concerned about Perceived bias after-Wikipedia editors undid Repeatedly edits to the section about the 2005 Kansas Evolution Hearings .  Schlafly expressed hope that Conservapedia would become a general resource for American educators and a counterpoint to the liberal bias that he perceived in Wikipedia .   
In 2009, Schlafly Appeared is The Colbert Report to the Chat His Conservative Bible Project , a project hosted on Conservapedia That AIMS to rewrite English translations of the Bible in order to remove terms Described as “liberal bias”. 
Dialogue with Richard Lenski
Richard Lenski , an evolutionary biologist  who had an experiment in evolution that showed speciation of E. coli bacteria over 10,000 generations, was engaged in correspondence by Schlafly about the results in 2008. Conservapedia supports creation and Schlafly disputed that bacteria could evolve via Beneficial mutations . The correspondence was commented on across the Internet. Schlafly was criticized by Lenski on websites such as Ars Technica for not reading Lenski’s paper well, for not understanding the experimental data he requested, and for not taking notice of people on Conservapedia itself which considered the paper well researched.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Morris County resident, his famous activist, runs ‘Conservapedia’ website . The Star-Ledger . January 6, 2010 . Retrieved June 4, 2013 .
ran unsuccessfully in a Republican congressional primary in 1992 and aussi Volunteered for [gubernatorial candidate] Steve Lonegan in 2009.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “Phyllis Schlafly Bio” . Eagleforum.org. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014 . Retrieved 2013-03-24 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Critchlow, Donald T. (2005). Phyllis Schlafly and grassroots conservatism: a woman’s crusade . Princeton University Press. pp. 32-33. ISBN 0-691-07002-4 .
- Jump up^ Mauney, Michael (1975). “Schlafly & Her Children” . The LIFE Images Collection . Getty Images . Retrieved February 9, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Hamilton, Keegan (November 4, 2009). “Hallowed Be Thy Name: A member of the clan Schlafly figures to do the Lord’s work by cleansing the Bible of its” liberal bias ” ” . Riverfront Times . Retrieved February 6, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Bernstein, Mark F. (February 24, 2010). “A Moment With … Andrew Schlafly ’81, ‘Conservapedia'” . Princeton Alumni Weekly . Retrieved June 4, 2013 .
- Jump up^ Lee, DJ; Becker, NJ; Schlafly, AL; Skupnjak, JA; Dham, VK (1983). Control logic and cell design for a 4K NVRAM. IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits,18(5), 531. doi: 10.1109 / JSSC.1983.1051988
- Jump up^ “Catherine Kosarek, Medical Student, Marries Andrew L. Schlafly, Engineer” . The New York Times . November 25, 1984. Retrieved June 5, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Harvard Law Review Board of Editors, Volume 104, 1990-1991.” From theHarvard Visual Information Access System, Record Identifier: olvwork365353.
- Jump up^ “Harvard Law Review Board of Editors, Volume 103, 1989-1990.” From theHarvard Visual Information Access System, Record Identifier: olvwork390852
- Jump up^ “THE 1992 CAMPAIGN: Primaries, Democrat Loses Arkansas Runoff” . The New York Times . June 10, 1992 . Retrieved July 19, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Chen, Vivia (July 9, 2007). “Shhh! Pro Bono’s Not Just for Liberals Anymore” . The American Lawyer . Retrieved October 31, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “AAPS General Counsel Andrew Schlafly Discusses ObamaCare Lawsuit” . Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. May 4, 2010 . Retrieved June 4, 2010 .
- Jump up^ “ObamaCare: Giant Meteor Scheduled to Strike in 2014” . June 2, 2010.
- Jump up^ Schlafly, Andrew L. (Summer 2010). “ObamaCare: Not What the Doctor Ordered” (PDF) . Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons . 15 (2): 58-59.
- Jump up^ Burton, Cynthia (May 28, 2010). “NJ Supreme Court hears tea party’s push to recall Menendez” . The Philadelphia Inquirer . Retrieved June 4, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Isenstadt, Alex (November 18, 2010),”Court kills Robert Menendez recall push”,Politico
- Jump up^ Beitsch, Rebecca (October 20, 2010). “Supreme Court hears arguments in recall of Conrad” . Bismarck Tribune . Archivedfrom the original on October 24, 2010 . Retrieved October 31,2010 .
- Jump up^ Simon, Stephanie (June 22, 2007). “A conservative’s answer to Wikipedia” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved November 2, 2007 .
- Jump up^ Zeller, Shawn (March 5, 2007). “Conservapedia: See Under” Right ” ” . The New York Times . Retrieved June 8, 2008 .
- Jump up^ Siegel, Robert (March 13, 2007). “Conservapedia: Data for Birds of a Political Feather?” . Retrieved July 26, 2007 .
- Jump up^ Chung, Andrew (March 11, 2007). “A US conservative wants to set Wikipedia right” . The Star.com .
- Jump up^ Johnson, Bobbie (March 1, 2007). “Rightwing website challenges ‘liberal bias’ of Wikipedia” . The Guardian .
- Jump up^ Gibson, David (October 7, 2009). “A Neocon Bible: What Would Jesus Say?” . Politics Daily. Archived from the original on October 8, 2009 . Retrieved October 7, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Richard Lenski | Home” . Myxo.css.msu.edu . Retrieved March 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Arthur, Charles (July 1, 2008). “Conservapedia has a little hangup over evolution” . Technology Blog . The Guardian . Retrieved June 4, 2010 .