Yaroslav Mikhaylovich Blanter ( Russian : Ярослав Михáйлович Блантер ; born 19 November 1967) is a Russian physicist , an expert in the field of extractive metallurgy and condensed matter physics . As of 2011 he is the Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Professor at the Delft University of Technology .    
Blanter was born in Moscow , Soviet Union . In 1984 he graduated from the Second Physico-Mathematical School of Moscow. 
In 1990 he graduated from the physics department of the Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys in the field of extractive metallurgy . 
Till 1992 he took post-graduate courses at the same Institute. In 1992 he defended his thesis and received the candidate of physico-mathematical sciences degree. The subject of the thesis concerning the development of the quantum effects in the kinetic properties of the electronic systems at the topological transition. 
From 1990 to 1994 he taught statistical physics , the theory of normal and superconducting metals , classical and quantum mechanics . From 1989 to 1993 he also taught mathematics at the 43rd School of Moscow. 
In 1995, supported by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation , he obtained a position at the Institute of Condensed Matter Theory in Karlsruhe . From 1996 to 2000 he held a position at the University of Geneva . From 2000 to 2007 he was an associate professor at the Delft University of Technology. In 2007 he became a senior associate professor there.  In 2002, he was one of three members of the organizing committee of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop “Quantum Noise in Mesoscopic Physics”, held in Delft , the Netherlands. 
From 2007 to 2011 he was an active contributor to the Russian Wikipedia and a member of the Arbitration Committee .  The Daily Dot noted Blanter’s role in the deletion of a Wikipedia hoax after listed for almost four years. 
Blanter has published over 100 works in several scientific journals. His h-index is 22.  The works that are most often referred to are listed below. [ Citation needed ]
- Blanter YM; Buttiker M. (2000). “Shot noise in mesoscopic conductors” (PDF) . 336 . Physics Reports : 1-166. Doi : 10.1016 / S0370-1573 (99) 00123-4 .
- Blanter YM; Mirlin AD; Muzykantskii BA (1997). “Fluctuations of conductance peak space in the Coulomb blockade regime: Role of electron-electron interaction” . 78 . Phys. Rev. Lett. : 2449. doi : 10.1103 / PhysRevLett.78.2449 .
- Blanter YM (1996). “Electron-electron scattering rate in disordered mesoscopic systems” . 54 . Phys. Rev. B: 12807. doi : 10.1103 / PhysRevB.54.12807 .
- Sapmaz S .; Blanter YM; Gurevich L .; Van der Zant HSJ (2003). “Carbon nanotubes as nanoelectromechanical systems” . 67 . Phys. Rev. B: 235414. doi : 10.1103 / PhysRevB.67.235414 .
- Sapmaz S., Jarillo-Herrero P., Blanter YM, Dekker C., van der Zant HSJ (2006). “Tunneling in suspended carbon nanotubes assisted by longitudinal phonons” . 96 . Phys. Rev. Lett. : 026801. doi : 10.1103 / PhysRevLett.96.026801 .
- Nazarov Yuli V., Blanter Yaroslav M., Quantum Transport: Introduction to Nanoscience, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-83246-5 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Идут на поправку . – Esquire (Russian edition), № 51, 2010 Jan.
- ^ Jump up to:a b CV at the TU Delft official website
- Jump up^ Corps of experts in the natural sciences: condensed matter physics
- Jump up^ Yaroslav Blanter appointed to Antoni van Leeuwenhoek chair
- Jump up^ List of 2nd schools alumni of 1984
- Jump up^ Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys alumni of 1985-1994// Moscow, publ. “Учеба” МИСиС, 2006
- Jump up^ Search results at the Russian State Library catalog; Page snapshot
- Jump up^ The former years teachers
- Jump up^ Nazarov, Yuli V. (2012). Quantum Noise in Mesoscopic Physics . Springer Science & Business Media. pp. vii.
- Jump up^ Morris, Kevin (April 25, 2013). “The greatest movie that never was” . The Daily Dot . Archived from the original on 28 April 2013 . Retrieved 28 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ Courtesy of theISIWeb of Knowledge