Wikipedia Review is an Internet forum and blog for the discussion of Wikimedia Foundation projects, In Particular the content and conflicts of Wikipedia .   An InformationWeek Grok on Google blog describes Wikipedia as “one of a number of Wikipedia watchdog” websites, “dedicated to scrutinizing Wikipedia and reporting on its flaws”.  Wikipedia editors and their influence on Wikipedia. At its peak, participants included current Wikipedia editors, form Wikipedia editors, a few users banned from Wikipedia, and people who have never edited. 
The site was founded in November 2005 by “Igor Alexander”, and hosted by ProBoards .  On 19 February 2006 it is invisible to its own domain name using Invision Power Board software.   The site requires registration using a valid e-mail address to post. It blacklists email providers which allow anonymity, which it says is to discourage the operation of multiple accounts by a single user . 
Wikipedia Review has-been icts Cited for debate and evaluation of concepts surrounding wiki -editing, Such As the Palo Alto Research Company ‘s WikiDashboard,  as well as used as an assessment tool for the subject. 
Wikipedia Review is not a conspiracy, a team-building exercise, a role-playing game, or an experiment in collusion. It is not meant as a resource or training ground for those who would instill fear and misery in others. It does not exist to corrupt, but to expose corruption; It does not exist to tear down institutions, but to expose the ways in which institutions are torn down; It does not exist to hate, but is meant to expose hate in others. To expose these things is not evil. It is not a monolithic entity, nor the sum of its parts. Like-mindedness does not imply singularity of purpose; Respect for the rights of one group does not imply disrespect for the rights of another. It is not intended to be predictable, consistent, or dull.
Imagine a world in which human beings are not user accounts, are not programmable, and are not mere words on a display screen. That’s what we’re doing …– Statement made when the site was out of service in 2008, Wikipedia Review 
Seth Finkelstein wrote in The Guardian that Wikipedia has related Wikipedia about ” Essjay controversy “.   Cade Metz, writing for the Register , credited Wikipedia Review with the discovery of a private mailing listthat led to the resignation of a Wikipedia administrator; Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Wikipedia has an article on Wikipedia.   The Independent noted that “allegations against certain administrators have led to a website called Wikipedia Review,  Philip Coppens used Wikipedia to make a report, published in Nexus Magazine , on WikiScanner and allegations that intelligence agencies had been using Wikipedia to spread disinformation .   Philip Coppens used Wikipedia to make a report, published in Nexus Magazine , on WikiScanner and allegations that intelligence agencies had been using Wikipedia to spread disinformation . 
Content and structure
Wikipedia Review’s publicly accessible forums
- Information forum;
- Wikimedia -oriented discussion, which contains subforums focusing on editors, the Wikipedia bureaucracy, meta discussion, articles and general
- Media forums containing a news feed and discussion about news and blogs featuring Wikipedia / Wikimedia; and
- Off topic, non-Wikimedia related discussion. 
- Jump up^ “Wikipediareview.com Site Info” . Alexa Internet . Retrieved 2017-01-06 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Original Wikipedia Review on ProBoards” . Wikipedia Review. 2005-11-25. Archived from the original on 2006-01-17.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “First post is wikipediareview.com” . Wikipedia Review. 2006-02-19. Archived from the original on 2006-05-31.
- Jump up^ Mahadevan, Jeremy (2006-03-05). “Not everything on Wikipedia is fact” . New Straits Times . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “Free and collaborative reference editing: the case of Wikipedia.” (In French). National Institute for Educational Research . April 2006. p. 7 . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ LaPlante, Alice (2006-07-14). “Spawn Of Wikipedia” . InformationWeek . Archived from the original on 2011-06-12 . Retrieved 2012-09-01 .
- Jump up^ Shankbone, David (June 2008). “Nobody’s safe in cyberspace” . The Brooklyn Rail . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “Second post on wikipediareview.com” . Wikipedia Review.
Was The Wikipedia Review created by Igor Alexander? Yes. Is The Wikipedia Review run by Igor Alexander? No.
- Jump up^ “Info for new registrants” . Wikipedia Review. 2006-03-24 . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ Ed H. Chi, Peter Pirolli, Bongwon Suh, Aniket Kittur, Bryan Pendleton, Todd Mytkowicz (2008). “Increased social cognition: understanding social foraging and social sensemaking” ( PDF ) . Palo Alto Research Center . p. 5 . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ Bongwon Suh, Ed H. Chi, Aniket Kittur, Bryan A. Pendleton (2008). Lifting the Veil: Improving Accountability and Social Transparency in Wikipedia with wikidashboard . Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. General Chairs: Mary Czerwinski and Arnie Lund; Program chair: Desney Tan. Association for Computing Machinery . pp. 1037-1040. ISBN 978-1-60558-011-1 . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ Chi, EH; Suh, B .; Kittur, A (2008-04-06). “Providing social transparency through visualizations in Wikipedia” (PDF) . ACM – SIGCHI . CHI 2008 , Florence , Italy: IBM / Palo Alto Research Company . Social Data Analysis Workshop . Retrieved 2008-07-04 .
- Jump up^ “Wikipedia Review out-of-service page” . Wikipedia Review. 2008-06-24. Archived from the original on 2008-06-24 . Retrieved 2008-07-02 .
- Jump up^ Finkelstein, Seth (2007-12-06). “Inside, Wikipedia is more like a sweatshop than Santa’s workshop” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “Who is Essjay ?, Probably he’s Ryan Jordan” . Wikipedia Review . 2006-07-26.
- Jump up^ Metz, Cade (2007-12-04). “Secret mailing list rocks Wikipedia”. The Register . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ WP: BADSITES
- Jump up^ Marsden, Rhodri (2007-12-06). “Cyberclinic: Who are the editors of Wikipedia?” . The Independent . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ Boran, Marie (2007-12-04). “Wikipedia under fire for ‘editorial elite ‘ ” . Silicon Republic . Archived from the original on 2009-04-22 . Retrieved 2008-07-01 .
- Jump up^ Coppens, Philip (October-November 2007). “The Truths and Lies of WikiWorld” . Nexus . pp. 11-15, 77 . Retrieved 2008-07-02 .
- Jump up^ “Wikipedia Review” . Retrieved 9 June 2010 .