Rauan Kenzhekhanuly is a Kazakh NGO activist and enterpreneur Who Was named the first Wikipedian of the Year in August 2011 by Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales at Wikimania . 
Kenzhekhanuly was born on 1 May 1979 in the East Kazakhstan region. In 2001, he graduated from Almaty University (named after Abay Kunanbayev) with a bachelor’s degree in international affairs.
During the year, the National Co-ordinator for National Debate Center and National Youth TV program “Azamat” on national TV channel Khabar. After he joined Khabar TV Agency as the economic observer and National TV Agency ‘s Moscow office chief in Russian Federation. 
Aussi He served as the first secretary at Kazakhstan ‘s Russian embassy. 
In 2010, he traveled to the United States to do a one-year fellowship at Harvard University , where he first became interested in editing Wikipedia when he took the class “Media, Politics, and Power in the Digital Age.”  The same year, he was named one of the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs ‘ s fellows for 2010-2011.  He found the nonprofit organization WikiBilim , which aims to expand the availability of free Kazakh-language information on the Internet.  In 2014, he was named deputy governor of the Kyzylorda Region . 
He is also a founding director of the Eurasian Council on Foreign Affairs , which was formally established on 12 November 2014  with a grant from the Kazakh government. 
In 2016 he founded non-profit organization Bilim Foundation with the mission to set up the national program of adolescent suicide prevention and developing lifeskills.
In 2017 he was appointed as the commission of national project “translating 100 textbooks for HE to Kazakh language”.
- Jump up^ Williams, Christopher (24 December 2012). “Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales restricts discussion of Tony Blair friendship” . The Telegraph . Retrieved 24 June2016 .
- Jump up^ “About us” . WikiBilim . Retrieved 13 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ Morris, Kevin (December 25, 2012). “Wikipedia’s odd relationship with the Kazakh dictatorship” . The Daily Dot . Retrieved 24 June 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Davis, LiAnna (22 August 2012). “First Ever” Wikipedian of the Year “Motivated by HKS Race” . Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government . Retrieved 24 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Weatherhead Center welcomes 2010-11 fellows” . Harvard Gazette . 16 September 2010 . Retrieved 13 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ Michel, Casey (April 2, 2015). “Wikipedia Founder Distances Himself from Kazakhstan PR Machine” . EurasiaNet . Retrieved 24 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ “About” . Eurasian Council on Foreign Affairs . Retrieved 24 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Green, Chris (February 19, 2015). “Jack Straw criticized for accepting part-time job paid for by Kazakhstan” . The Independent . Retrieved 24 June 2016 .