Ken Sunshine is an American public relations consultant, co-CEO and founder of Sunshine Sachs Consultants. He Began His career in New York City politics, Including serving as chief of staff for Mayor David Dinkins . 
Sunshine grew up in a Jewish family  on Long Island and graduated from the School of Industrial and Labor Relations of Cornell University in 1970 when he was involved with social change and political change. 
Sunshine started as a community organizer and became a district delegate for George McGovern . He then ran the public relations department of ASCAP , where he supervised music events. In the 1970s, he joined Bella Abzug’s Senate, mayoral and congressional campaigns  with Harold Holzer .
From 1990 to 1993, David Dinkins, a job manager for the New York City Mayor Bill of Blasio .  In 1994, he worked on Mario Cuomo ‘s gubernatorial campaign  and was an advisor to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. 
In 1991, Sunshine launched the public relations firm Ken Sunshine Consultants. Shawn Sachs’s partnership. The initial clients included Barbra Streisand , 1199: The National Health Care Workers’ Union and the 1992 Democratic National Convention Working with Ron Brown , then chairman of the Democratic Party. 
Sunshine Sachs specializes in corporate image programs, communication , reputation management and issues management,  consumer and lifestyle marketing, public affairs, media relations, event promotion, and communications skills training. In 2014, Sunshine Sachs was named the number one public relations agency in New York by New York Observer . 
His clients have included John Thain , Barbra Streisand , Ben Affleck and the Michael Jackson estate.   His best-known work included Representing Justin Timberlake after-a “wardrobe malfunction” at Timberlake’s Super Bowl XXXVIII performance with Janet Jackson in February 2004. As of 2009, nine-tenths de son client Were not celebrities. 
Wikipedia editing for clients
In June 2015, Sunshine admitted his firm had used paid editors to edit clients Wikipedia pages to remove negative material about them, violating the Wikipedia updated terms of service. Sunshine Sachs is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development and development of a new generation of social media. All employees engaged in editing Wikipedia now make appropriate disclosures, Sunshine said. Celebrities whose Wikipedia articles were edited by Sunshine Sachs include Naomi Campbell , Mia Farrow and Sarah Brightman .  References to the failure of Campbell’s 1994 album “Babywoman” were removed, Mike Tyson and his assault convictions.  It was unclear if the celebrities were aware of the edicts. 
The Sunshine said that he believed that “the Sunshine Sachs is not the only one to have been able to do this.” That his firm was edicted to Wikipedia prior to June 2014, when the policy was changed, abided by Wikipedia policy. 
He is married to Nancy Hollander  who is also Jewish. They have two children: Jason and Jessica. 
- Jump up^ Hawkins, Andrew. “PR pros tell mayor how to recover” . Crains.com . Fears . Retrieved 15 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ Tablet Magazine: “Bill De Blasio’s Two New Rabbinical Allies” By Matt TaylorNovember 21, 2013
- ^ Jump up to:a b Weiss, Rebecca (October 24, 2007). “The Cornell Connection: Ken Sunshine ’70” . Cornell Sun . Retrieved 8 July2015 .
- Jump up^ Smith, Elizabeth (13 September 2014). “Ken Sunshine joins The Met’s Board of Trustees” . Page Six . Retrieved 15 December2014 .
- Jump up^ Campbell, Colin (6 December 2012). “Can the Public Advocate Go From Master Strategist To Mister Mayor?” . Www.huffingtonpost.com . Huffington Post . Retrieved 15 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Mario Cuomo Advisor Remembers the Former Governor” . NY1 . 1 January 2015. Archived from the original on 6 January 2015 . Retrieved January 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Nagourney, Andrew; Craig, Susanne (January 2, 2015). “One Last Confluence for Mario and Andrew Cuomo, Proud Rivals” . New York Times . Retrieved January 6, 2015 .
- Jump up^ n / a, n / a. “The Influentials: Media” . Www.nymag..com . New York Magazine . Retrieved 11 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ Kaminer, Michael (19 November 2014). “New York’s Top 50 Public Relations Agencies” . New York Observer . Retrieved 15 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ Bernstein, Jacob (12 September 2014). “Barbra Streisand, a Voice to Be Reckoned With” . Www.nyt.com . New York Times . Retrieved 15 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ WEISMAN, ALY. “Meet The Most Powerful Publicists In Hollywood [Ranked]” . Www.businessinsider.com . Business Insider . Retrieved 11 July 2014 .
- Jump up^ Moore, Heidi (January 27, 2009). “Ken Sunshine, the Man Behind John Thain’s Self-Defense” . Wall Street Journal (WSJBlog) . Retrieved 21 July 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Cieply, Michael (June 22, 2015). “Wikipedia Pages of Star Customers Altered by PR Firm” . The New York Times . Retrieved June 23, 2015 .
- Jump up^ Bates, Daniel (June 23, 2015). “Naomi Campbell’s country has her affair with Mike Tyson and her musical disastrous career edited out of Wikipedia” . The Daily Mail . London . Retrieved 23 July 2015 .
- Jump up^ Politico: “Blasio ally to hold Clinton fundraiser” by Annie KarniJune 5, 2015
- Jump up^ The Hampton Synagogue: “Shabbat Shalom: Weekly Update”May 11 – 12, 2012 | Iyar 19 – 20, 5772