David Arthur Eppstein (born 1963) is an American computer scientist and mathematician . He is a Chancellor’s Professor of Computer Science at the University of California, Irvine .  He is known for his work in computational geometry , graph algorithms , and recreational mathematics . In 2011, he was named an ACM Fellow .
He received a BS in Mathematics from Stanford University in 1984 and later an MS (1985) and Ph.D. (1989) in computer science from Columbia University , after-qui He Took a postdoctoral position at Xerox ‘s Palo Alto Research Center . He joined the UC Irvine faculty in 1990, and was co-chair of the Computer Science Department there from 2002 to 2005.  In 2014, he was named a Chancellor’s Professor. 
In computer science, Eppstein’s research is focused on computational geometry : minimum spanning trees , shortest paths , dynamic graph data structures , graph coloring , graph drawing and geometric optimization . He has also published several articles on the subject , which are used in engineering design, and in computational statistics , particularly in robust , multivariate , nonparametric statistics .
Eppstein served as the program chair for the theory track of the ACM Symposium on Computational Geometry in 2001, the program chair of the ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms in 2002, and the co-chair for the International Symposium on Graph Drawing in 2009. 
Since 2007, Eppstein has been an administrator at the English Wikipedia .  He also runs 0xDE , a blog about computational geometry and recreational mathematics .
In 1984 Eppstein was awarded a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship . In 1992, Eppstein received a National Science Foundation Young Investigator Award along with six other UC-Irvine academics.  In 2011, he was named an ACM Fellow for his contributions to graph algorithms and computational geometry. 
- Eppstein, David (1999). “Finding the k shortest paths”. SIAM Journal on Computing . 28 (2): 652-673. Doi : 10.1109 / SFCS.1994.365697 .
- Eppstein, D .; Galil, Z .; Italiano, GF ; Nissenzweig, A. (1997). “Sparsification-a technique for speeding up dynamic graph algorithms”. Journal of the ACM . 44 (5): 669-696. Doi : 10.1145 / 265910.265914 .
- Amenta, N .; Bern, M .; Eppstein, D. (1998). “The Crust and the β-Skeleton: Combinatorial Curve Reconstruction”. Graphical Models and Image Processing . 60 (2): 125-135. Doi : 10.1006 / gmip.1998.0465 .
- Bern, Marshall; Eppstein, David (1992). “Mesh generation and optimal triangulation” (PDF) . Technical Report CSL-92-1 . Xerox PARC. Republished in Du, D.-Z .; Hwang, FK, eds. (1992). Computing in Euclidean Geometry . World Scientific. pp. 23-90.
- Eppstein, D .; Falmagne, J.-C. ; Ovchinnikov, S. (2008). Media Theory . Springer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-642-09083-7 .
- Eppstein’s algorithm
- Jump up^ Eppstein, David. “11011110 – User Profile” . Livejournal.com . Archived from the original on June 30, 2012 . Retrieved November 1, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Chancellor’s Professors – UCI” . Retrieved November 1, 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “David Eppstein’s Online Curriculum Vitae” (PDF) . Retrieved April 9, 2008 .
- Jump up^ “UCI Chancellor’s Professors” . Archived from the original on November 15, 2002 . Retrieved August 18, 2014 .
- Jump up^ 17th International Symposium on Graph Drawing
- Jump up^ Lindgren, Kristina (21 July 1992). “IRVINE: UCI Scientists Win Research Grants” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved February 23, 2014 .
- Jump up^ ACM Fellows: David Eppstein,Association for Computing Machinery. December, 2011.