A page view ( PV ) or print page is a request to load a single HTML file ( web page ) of an Internet site .  On the World Wide Web , a page request would result from a web surfing click on a link on another “page” pointing to the page in question.
A hit , which refers to a request for any file from a web server . There may, however, be many hits per page view since an HTML page can contain multiple files-images, CSS , etc.  On balance, page views refer to a number of pages viewed or clicked on the site during the given time. 
Page views may be counted as part of web analytics . For the owner of the site, this information can be useful to see if any change in the “page” (like the information or the way it is presented) results in more visits. If there are Any advertisements on the page, the publishers aussi Would be interested in the number of page views to determine Their expected revenue from the ads. For this reason, it is widely used for Internet marketingand advertising . 
The page print has long been a measure of user activity on a website. However, the activity is not necessarily associated with a complete HTML page. Modern programming techniques can serve pages by other means.
Since page views help estimate the popularity of sites, it helps determine their value for advertising revenue. The most common metric is CPM. It stands for ‘Cost per thousand’ (the M is the Roman numeral for 1,000) and it is commonly used metrics to measure page views Therefore, the less CPM is, the better deal it offers to advertisers.  However, CPM is not as good as it seems to be. CPM is being challenged in comparison to CPC or CPA in terms of adverts’ efficiency because visiting does not mean clicking the ads. 
The preferred way to count page views is Google Analytics . They can measure the number of pages on any website and therefore, it helps people to receive a rough estimate of page views on web sites.  There are also many other page views.
Criticism and concerns
Despite a wide range of views, it has come in for criticisms.
Page view can be manipulated or boosted for specific purposes.  For example, a recent incident, called ‘page view fraud’, compromises the accuracy of the page view by boosting the page view. Perpetrators used a tool called ‘a bot’ to buy fake page-views for attention, appreciation, and feedback, increasing the site’s value.  As a result, some people already started building alternatives to measure audiences, such as “Ophan”. 
Humans Vs. Machines
Fake page views can reflect bots instead of humans. 
Wikipedia article about a period of time. The most popular articles of the day.  Wikipedia pageviews of some kinds of items correlate with exchange in stock market prices,  the box office success of movies, spread of disease   Among other applications of data mining . Since search engines Directly influenced what is popular is Wikipedia Such statistics May Provide a more unfiltered and real-time view into what people are searching for on the web  and societal interests.  For instance, they can be used to gain insights into public anxiety and information seeking after or during events  or for the identification of concepts with significant increase of interest from the public.  A 2015 study examines the influence of reddit posts on Wikipedia pageviews. 
- Unique user
- Web traffic
- Website monitoring
- Google Trends
- Internet manipulation
- Click bot
- Jump up^ Doyle, C. (2011). A dictionary of marketing . Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780191727962 .
- Jump up^ Opentracker.net. “Hits or pageviews?” . Retrieved 8 June2013 .
- Jump up^ Carey, E. (2012). “Page View versus Visits Page – Atlantic Webworks Perspectives” . Atlanticwebworks . Retrieved 28 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Bennett, L. (January 10, 2012). “Metrics that Matter & the Death of the View Page” . Chartbeat Blog . Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Jump up^ Heisel, C. (November 30, 2008). “What does CPM stand for?”. Chris Heisel . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Scocco, D. (March 27, 2008). “How Much Should I Charge for my Advertising Space ?: @ProBlogger” . Problogger.net . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Johnston, M. (2013). “CPM vs CPC vs CPA: How to Sell Display Ads” . Monetizepros.com . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Agarwal, A. (2008). “Measure the Number of Page Views on any Site” . Digital Inspiration . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Holiday, R. (2012). “What Is Media Manipulation? -A Definition and Explanation” . Forbes . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Seidel, L. (2014). “The Pageview Fraud, PLEASE READ! By Lilyas on deviantART” . Lilyas.deviantart.com . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Fischer, M. (March 18, 2014). “The Pageview is Past: New Metrics Emerge to Measure Audiences” . American Journalism Review . Retrieved 30 October 2014 .
- Jump up^ Akhtar, Omar (July 31, 2014). “No more fake page views from machines! Google Analytics introduces” bot-filtering ” ” . The Hub . Retrieved August 20, 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Making our pageview data easily accessible – Wikimedia Blog” . Wikimedia Blog . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Moat, Helen Susannah; Curme, Chester; Avakian, Adam; Kenett, Dror Y .; Stanley, H. Eugene; Preis, Tobias (8 May 2013). “Quantifying Wikipedia Usage Patterns Before Stock Market Moves” . Scientific Reports . 3 . ISSN 2045-2322 . Doi :10.1038 / srep01801 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Mestyán, Márton; Yasseri, Taha; Kertész, János (21 August 2013). “Early Prediction of Movie Box Office Success Based on Wikipedia Activity Big Data” . PLOS ONE . 8 (8): e71226. ISSN 1932-6203 . Doi : 10.1371 / journal.pone.0071226 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ R., Laurent, Michael; J., Vickers, Tim (July 1, 2009). “Seeking Health Information Online: Does Wikipedia Matter?” . Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association . 16 (4). ISSN 1067-5027 . Doi : 10.1197 / jamia.M3059 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ McIver, David J .; Brownstein, John S. (April 17, 2014). “Wikipedia Usage Estimates Prevalence of Influenza-Like Illness in the United States in Near Real-Time” . PLOS Computational Biology . 10 (4): e1003581. ISSN 1553-7358 . Doi : 10.1371 / journal.pcbi.1003581 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Spoerri, Anselm (2 April 2007). “What is popular on Wikipedia and why?” . First Monday . 12 (4) . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Huss, Jon W .; Lindenbaum, Pierre; Martone, Michael; Roberts, Donabel; Pizarro, Angel; Valafar, Faramarz; Hogenesch, John B .; Su, Andrew I. (1 January 2010). “The Gene Wiki: community intelligence applied to human gene annotation” . Nucleic Acids Research . 38 (Suppl. 1): D633-D639. ISSN 0305-1048 . Doi :10.1093 / nar / gkp760 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Tausczik, Yla; Faasse, Kate; Pennebaker, James W .; Petrie, Keith J. (1 February 2012). “Public Anxiety and Information Seeking Following the H1N1 Outbreak: Blogs, Newspaper Articles, and Wikipedia Visits” . Health Communication . 27 (2): 179-185. ISSN 1041-0236 . Doi : 10.1080 / 10410236.2011.571759 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ Ciglan, Marek; Nørv \ a ag, Kjetil (1 January 2010). “WikiPop: Personalized Event Detection System Based on Wikipedia Page View Statistics” . Proceedings of the 19th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management . ACM: 1931-1932. Doi : 10.1145 / 1871437.1871769 . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Determining the impact of reddit posts we wikipedia pageviews, AAAI Workshop – Technical Report, 2015, pp 15-19 WS-75 -. 82″(PDF) . Retrieved 30 April 2017 .