The PCGamingWiki is a collaboratively edited , free Internet encyclopedia focused on collecting game behavior data to optimize gameplay and fixing issues found in PCvideo games . Intended fixes and optimizations range from simple cutscene removals to modifications that allow for wide-screen resolutions and more. The wiki runs on MediaWiki software and was created by Andrew Tsai.  The site was founded on February 9, 2012. As of March 2017, the PCGamingWiki has more than 13,000 registered users and 15,000 content pages.  Since its inception, Kotaku , Destructoid , and Rock Paper Shotgun .    It regularly receives more than 10,000 unique page views a day.
Andrew was motivated to create the site due to his experiments. The Black and Titan Quest . 
The PCGamingWiki was founded in February 2012 by Andrew “Andytizer” Tsai. Andrew has said he was motivated to create the wiki based on his experiences with the games LA Noire and Titan Quest .  The wiki was mostly baren until Andrew enlisted the reddit .
On 11 April 2012, Andrew attempted to Kickstart the PCGamingWiki with a goal of $ 60,000. The project ended on May 12, 2012, failing to complete its goal and only earning $ 2,736.  On 19 December 2012 the project was started, this time with a goal of £ 500. This was much more successful, ending on 20 January 2013 with more than 400% funding. 
On 24 December 2012, the PCGamingWiki forums were created with help from JRWR .  The forums are used to discuss articles, improvements, fix problems, and report bugs. As of March 2014 there have been 3374 posts to the forums.
On 26 March 2013, Andrew Tsai announced a new section of the PCGamingWiki network entitled The Port Report .  The Port Report would function in a new way, the Port Authority section of GameSpy . The Port Report Would focus on video games ported from console to PC, and judge based Them on Their technical prowess Rather than story or gameplay. Based on similar concepts from the wiki, The Port Report allows anyone to submit articles for publishing.
On 29 November 2014, at Patreon funding campaign with the goal of supporting the website was launched. 
The PCGamingWiki also has a network of subwikis. These subwikis have a much smaller scope than their parent wiki and usually only focus on a single game or game series. The PCGamingWiki network currently includes wikis based on the FTL games : Faster Than Light , Prison Architect , Sir, You Are Being Hunted , and Gunpoint .
- FTL: Faster Than Light Wiki
- Prison Architect Wiki
- Sir, You Are Being Hunted Wiki
- Gunpoint Wiki
- Jump up^ “Pcgamingwiki.com Site Info” . Alexa Internet . Retrieved 2017-03-30 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Special: Statistics PCGamingWiki” . PCGamingWiki . PCGamingWiki. 2017-03-30 . Retrieved 2017-03-30 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Fahey, Mike (29 February 2012). “PCGamingWiki Want to Solve the Biggest Problems with PC Gaming: Intimidation and Confusion” . Kotaku . Retrieved 30 April 2013 .
- Jump up^ Duncan, Alasdair (29 April 2013). “Founder Andrew Tsai on the future of PCGamingWiki – Destructoid” . Destructoid . Retrieved 1 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ Rossignol, Jim (March 4, 2012). “The Sunday Papers” . Rock, Paper, Shotgun . Retrieved 1 May 2013 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Ames, Adam (26 March 2012). “PCGamingWiki Interview – True PC Gaming” . True PC Gaming . Retrieved 1 May 2013 .
- Jump up^ Tsai, Andrew (2012-04-11). “PCGamingWiki – an encyclopedia of PC game fixes” . Retrieved 2013-05-06 .
- Jump up^ Tsai, Andrew (2012-12-19). “PCGamingWiki – a new game fixes project” . Retrieved 2013-05-06 .
- Jump up^ Tsai, Andrew (2012-12-24). “New forums” . Retrieved 2013-05-27 .
- Jump up^ Tsai, Andrew (2013-03-24). “The Port Report – new PCGamingWiki blog” . Retrieved 2013-05-27 .
- Jump up^ “Patreon and PCGamingWiki – Announcements – Articles – Articles – PCGamingWiki Community” . 2014-11-29 . Retrieved 2014-12-15 .