The Oxcars (stylized as OXcars or oXcars ) are a non-competitive ceremony held at Sala Apolo in Barcelona , Spain , in October each year. They are a public showcase that puts the spotlight on cultural creation and distribution carried out under the paradigms of shared culture.  Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council. The award categories include: Music, Animation, Theater, Human Tools, Future Markets and Great Leftovers of Spanish Culture, among others. 
About the Oxcars
The Oxcars are an awards ceremony organized by Xnet (previously eXgae, until November 2010),  a non-profit organization that explores alternative models for cultural diffusion and royalties management. In 2008 and 2009 the OXcars were organized with the collaboration of Conservas, and in 2010 with Conservas, Red Sostenible and Telenoika. 
The awards ceremony is an overview of the most outstanding projects in the field of free music, with live music, videos, brief presentations, performances and readings. Since 2009, the Oxcars-have coincided with the FCForum International Conference year in qui organizations and experts in the field of free / free culture and knowledge gather for the purpose of Devising a comprehensive strategic framework and international framework for coordination year.
- Millions of Visits in Your Bedroom
- Great Human Tools
- Future Markets
- Culture existed before the Cultural Industry
- Great Leftovers of Spanish Culture
The participants of the first Oxcars, on October 28, 2008, were Leo Bassi, The Pirate Bay , collective literature Wu Ming , filmmaker Guillermo Zapata (director of the short film Lo que tú quieras oír ), Pablo Soto (developer of the Manolito P2P Freeware, Freeware, Freeware, Software), Platoniq, Alan Toner, FreeCinema, Griffi from Solo, Molleindustria (with the video game Free Culture Game), Enrique Sierra from 127.es, the Blender Foundation with the 3D movie short film Big Buck Bunny , Realidades Avanzadas and Matt Black ( Coldcut ).  The evening was rounded off with live sets by K-Sero + Off: // TV, Filastine and La Màquina de Turing.
A series of activities related to free / free culture were organized on October 29 and November 1, in conjunction with the 2008 oXcars. They included talks, debates, round table discussions and practical workshops on licenses, examples of free culture, anonymity and cryptography on the net, production and royalties management for audiovisual projects, and Safe Creative, a service that allows users to register works with any type Of license at no cost. Aussi Activities included the launch of the book New Thing by Wu Ming and a screening of the movie Steal this film, part 2 . 
The participants of the 2nd Oxcars were Duquende , the playwright Rodrigo García, the creators of the Internet series Malviviendo, Derivart , the Taller by Musics Original Jazz Orquesta, the writer Alberto Vázquez-Figueroa , Electronic Frontier Foundation , Riot Cinema Collective, Jamendo , Illegal Art, FreeCinema, the publishers Alqua, the artist Evan Roth , the comedian Rémi Gaillard , psst! 3 (collaborative film project), Shelios, short film maker David O’Reilly , Compartir Dòna Gustet, Xavier Theros and Martín Fernández (MotionGraphics). DJ set by Daedelus and Martin Vallejo. 
Rojadirecta (That’s portal offers sports broadcast through streaming or P2P) Koulomek, the Tweetpeli (a collaborative movie made through Twitter) leerestademoda.com, Ploomba (a free piped music service), Jerzy Celichowski (from Open Society Archives ) European Digital Rights , Public Domain Day, La Máquina that guía los rayos del sol (animations), Martín Hernández (MotionGraphics) and Kevin Nicoll (illustration).    European Digital Rights , Public Domain Day, La Máquina that guía los rayos del sol (animations), Martín Hernández (MotionGraphics) and Kevin Nicoll (illustration).    European Digital Rights , Public Domain Day, La Máquina that guía los rayos del sol (animations), Martín Hernández (MotionGraphics) and Kevin Nicoll (illustration).   
The participants featured in the 4th Oxcars included John Perry Barlow (co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation ), who celebrated 15 years of the Declaration of Independence of Cyberspace; Digital newspaper El Mundo Today, which gives a satirical account of political and social current affairs; Stéphane Grueso, director of Copiad Malditos , the first Creative Commons documentary co-produced by TVE ; Cartoonist Aleix Saló; And the group Las buenas noches, which releases its music under Creative Commons.
The 5th Oxcars were held in Barcelona on 25 October 2012, and focused on identifying the defenders and detractors of the free circulation of culture and the new models of cultural creation. The show Began with an adaptation of a speech by Cory Doctorow , “The Coming War on General Purpose Computation”. Participants included the actor Paco León, with his film Carmina o revienta , premiered simultaneously in theaters and on the Internet; The rapper Dan Bull ; The documentary No.Res , released under Creative Commons; The citizen legal action 15M pa Rato; The web portal Taringa! And the initiative Megabox by Megaupload .
The sixth Oxcars were held in Barcelona on October 24, 2013. Participants included the lawyer David Bravo , Toque a Bankia, My Open Source Cure, Paul Borons, Robocicla, Scann, and the electronic music group Kashba . 
- Jump up^ “The gala de los oXcars exalted the free circulation of the cultura” . El País . Retrieved March 7, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Las categorías y los eXponsors” . Xnet . Retrieved 7 March2011 .
- Jump up^ “EXGAE cambia of number a’La EX ‘tras las amenazas of the SGAE” . El Mundo. November 29, 2010 . Retrieved March 7,2011 .
- Jump up^ “Program” . Oxcars10.xnet-x.net . Retrieved March 7, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Los Oxcars y Bassi pasan del glamor ‘El País
- Jump up^ “Los Oxcars premian, in su primera gala in Barcelona, the” cultura libre “of Leo Bassi” . Diario 20 minutes. October 29, 2008 . Retrieved May 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Honey plumas against the SGAE in the primera edición de los Oxcar” . El periódico de Aragón. 30 October 2008 . Retrieved 13 May 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Y el oXcar goes para … alguien that no tiene copyright” . Diario DNA. October 27, 2008 . Retrieved May 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Talleres prácticos” . Xnet . Retrieved March 7, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Eva Belmonte (November 3, 2009). “Gala antiSGAE in Barcelona: P2P o muerte” . El Mundo . Retrieved March 7, 2011.
- Jump up^ “Los antiOscar of the cultura free premian to José Luis Sampedro” . laverdad.es. October 29, 2010 . Retrieved May 13,2011 .
- Jump up^ “OXcars para the cultura libre” . Diario DNA. October 24, 2010. Retrieved May 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Seis velas por seis años de lucha contra el canon digital” . El Mundo. October 29, 2010 . Retrieved May 13, 2011 .
- Jump up^ “Program” . Xnet . Retrieved September 16, 2014 .