The Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online ( GAMEO ) is an online encyclopedia of topics related to Mennonites and Anabaptism . The mission of the project is to provide free, reliable, English-language information on Anabaptist-related topics.
GAMEO was started in 1996 as a Canadian Mennonite Encyclopedia by the Mennonite Historical Society of Canada .  In 2005 the Mennonite Brethren Historical Commission and the Mennonite Church . The collaboration with the Mennonite Central Committee in 2006, the Mennonite World Conference in January 2007, and the Institute for the Study of Global Anabaptism in 2011. 
The Mennonite Encyclopedia, published by Herald Press in the 1950s and 1990. A Mennonite Encyclopedia, including the supplement volume published in 1990, available on the web. This was accomplished by February 2009, at which time the encyclopedia contained more than 14,000 articles.  [4 ] [ edit] Related terms 
Sam Steiner of Waterloo, Ont., As a managing editor of the encyclopedia’s inception until 2012. Richard D. Thiessen of Abbotsford, British Columbia is the current managing editor. 
- Mennonite Historical Library
- Jump up^ Kraybill, Donald B. “Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online (GAMEO).” In Concise Encyclopedia of Amish, Brethren, Hutterities, and Mennonites. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2010, p. 98.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “GAMEO: About” . Global Mennonite Encyclopedia Online . May 28, 2016 . Retrieved March 15, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “GAMEO” .
- Jump up^ “GAMEO updates Mennonite Encyclopedia” . The Mennonite . June 19, 2007. Archived from the original on August 29, 2014.
- Jump up^ “Thiessen named editor of GAMEO” . Canadian Mennonite Magazine . April 5, 2011 . Retrieved March 15, 2017 .