EcuRed is a Cuban online encyclopedia on MediaWiki software.  Launched on 13 December 2010,  the site hosts over 150,000 reference articles, biographies and academic works. 
Ecured as a Cuban encyclopedia originated from the need to Provide universal knowledge dans le .cu Internet domain and make it available to the vast majorité of Cubans , Especially after-in 2015 the Cuban government created 35 Wi Fi zones in the hand cities of the country, And lowered prices for the Nauta Service (provided by ETECSA , the public company for telecommunications).
The Cuban Revolution  and is written from a Cuban Perspective.  For example, EcuRed’s article about United States said it had historically taken “by force and natural resources from other nations, to put its business and monopolies”,  and the George W. Bush article says That he continued with a family tradition of corruption , government deceit and intrigue.  The name is an acronym from the Spanish sentence E nciclopedia Cu bana en la Red (“Cuban Encyclopedia online”). 
EcuRed states on its webpage that its goal “is the accumulation and development of knowledge with a non-profit, pro-democracy from a decolonizing point of view. 
Anyone with an email can register on the encyclopedia Regardless of country of origin, purpose Unlike Some wikis , not all of ecured’s items May be modified by the public. Pages can be “protected” for multiple reasons, including “to protect modifications of articles considered valuable, with a high [degree of] consensus, or with an elevated repercussion”. 
The site is available to all Internet users in Cuba , which is estimated at 1.6 million out of a total population of 11.2 million. 
The site is operated by Cuba’s Youth Computer Club, a company of the Ministry of Communications of Cuba.
- Jump up^ “ecured.cu Site Overview” . Alexa . Retrieved 24 April 2011 .
- Jump up^ Art of EcuRed in the Enciclopedia Colaborativa Cubana
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Nace the Wikipedia cubana” . La República (in Spanish). Lima, Peru. 13 December 2010.
- Jump up^ “Nace the ‘Wikipedia cubana ‘ ” . El País (in Spanish). 14 December 2010.
- Jump up^ “Cuba to launch Ecured, a Wikipedia-like database” . Pravda.ru. 14 December 2010 . Retrieved 14 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Cuba launches Wikipedia-like online encyclopedia” . Reuters. 13 December 2010.
- Jump up^ “EcuRed” . EcuRed (in Spanish). 4 November 2015.Archived from the original on 22 February 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Cuba launches its own online encyclopedia” . CNN . 14 December 2010.
- Jump up^ Rich Potter (30 December 2010). “Cuba’s Ecured: a socialist Wikipedia?” . Transd [e] uce . Retrieved 31 December 2010 .