Dogmazic is one of the most free music download managers in France . Dogmazic was created in December 2004 by the Bordeaux -based Association Free music! , A major proponent of the free music movement.
Dogmazic’s database contains roughly 2000 artists, widely but not exclusively from France. All of Dogmazic’s music is licensed under terms that allow free redistribution, such as Creative Commons license and the Free Art License .
Dogmazic does not carry any advertising.
Launched on 10 June 2004, Dogmazic, called music-libre.org until September 2006, was, until December 2012, a platform of downloading music under an open license. The site offered artists to spread their creations online, on the condition that these works are covered by one of the licenses applicable to the music. Labels promoting artists in “Freestyle” could also register on the website to discover their artists’ catalogs of music. In November 2011, the full catalog of Dogmazic included 51,066 pieces by 4,406 bands and 325 labels under 35 different licenses. 
The site now offers a blog devoted to music, free news on culture and a discussion forum.  
Archive music was unavailable from December 2012 to May 2015.  
The platform is based on Ampache.
The Free Music Association!
The Free Music Association! Was created in Bordeaux at the end of December 2004. This was followed by the opening of a Lyon branch in 2006.  The goal of the Free Music Association! Is free to distribute the work of independent artists within the framework of the Free Art license.
The Association lobbies on behalf of non-trading companies and artists in the recording industry. Free Art License and Internet distribution models. Also, for ethical reasons, Dogmazic chooses to completely refuse any financial support to their company through advertising, instead preferring donations from visitors and self-financing from their community.
In France, Dogzamic has recently been confronted with SACEM, who disagrees with some of the licensing of the music uploaded to the website. Some people who work with Dogmazic are putting forward the idea of a more open licensing order from SACEM, creating a peaceful merging of open licensing outside the traditional production of music in the record industry.  
- Jump up^ “Dogmazic.net” . Www.dogmazic.net . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ “Blog | News of free cultures and sharing” . Music-libre.org (in French) . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ “Free Music Forum” . Free Music Forum (in French) . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ “Online delivery of the archive of Dogmazic.net | Blog” . Music-libre.org (in French) . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ Champeau, Guillaume (2015-05-15). “Free music: Dogmazic is back! – Pop culture – Numerama” . Numerama (in French) . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ “Dogmazic.net” . Lyon.dogmazic.net . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .
- Jump up^ “The SACEM / Creative Commons pilot experience” . Archived from the original on 2012-01-12.
- Jump up^ “Free music: who pays?” . Leechos.fr . 2007-10-09 . Retrieved 2017-02-17 .