Archimedes-lab.org is a free and collaborative edutainment project developed and maintained by Gianni A. Sarcone and Marie-Jo Waeber, two authors and writers with more than thirty years of experience in the fields of visual thinking and education . This educational project is part of the Open Education Consortium  and it is supervised by a consulting network of experts specializing in online education.
The main goal of the web site is to teach mathematics differently and to make it accessible to everyone through visual puzzles and games. The site walks visitors through various problems in the world of recreational mathematics.
Limited parts of the site are offered in French, Italian, Spanish and German. Regular goal puzzle features like the Puzzle of the Week , the Sunday puzzle and the puzzle of the Month are available in three languages:  English, French and Italian.
Archimedes-lab.org is divided into four main categories: puzzles & tests, illusions & paradoxes, mind & brain, oddities & curiosities. Among the proposed educational tools and tutorials, visitors will find intuitive visuals, number games, puzzles with downloadable pieces, perception puzzles and interactive optical illusions . A main objective Throughout The website is the enhancement of critical thinking skills and the development of creativity . Here is a quote from Scientific American (May 27, 2003): “This virtual lab borrows the empirical spirit and creative curiosity that Archimedes has made to his work and invite visitors to explore with the same expectations for mind-blowing discovery.”
Awards and accolades
Archimedes-lab.org has won several awards from scientific and educational publications,  including a Scientific American Web Award in 2003,  the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Web Award,  and a mention in MERLOT , Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching  and in the DO-IT Center , the Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology Center. 
Books from Archimedes’ Laboratory
- How to draw incredible optical illusions , Imagine Publishing, USA, 2015, ISBN 1623540607 .
- Super Optical Illusions , Carlton Kids, UK, 2014, ISBN 1783120851
- Impossible Folding Puzzles and Other Mathematical Paradoxes , Dover Publications, USA, 2014, ISBN 0486493512
- Pliages, carvings and magic , Editions Pole, France, 2012, ISBN 2848841656
- Puzzles , Carlton Books Ltd, London, 2007, ISBN 1-84442-064-7
- Big Book of Optical Illusions , Barron’s Educational Series , New York, 2006, ISBN 0-7641-3520-1
- MateMagica , La Meridiana, Italy, 2005, ISBN 88-89197-56-0
- The Almanach of the mathematician in grass , Editions Archimede, Paris, 2002, ISBN 2-84469-025-4
- Comparison of educational websites that are directed to persons 17 or under
- Jump up^ Open Education Consortium .
- Jump up^ Puzzle Archive .
- Jump up^ Archimedes Lab’s Accolades
- Jump up^ SCIAM web award
- Jump up^ NCTM Web Award
- Jump up^ Merlot – Archimedes’ Laboratory
- Jump up^ DO IT – Archimedes’ Laboratory