Project Runeberg (Swedish, Projekt Runeberg ) is a digital cultural archive initiative that publishes free electronic versions of the Nordic countries . Patterned after Project Gutenberg , it was founded by Lars Aronsson and colleagues at Linköping University and was archived Nordic-language literature in December 1992. As of 2015 it had accomplished digitization to provide graphical facsimiles of old works such as the Nordisk familjebok , and had accomplished , In whole or in part, the text extractions and copyediting of these as well as esteemed Latin works and English translations from Nordic authors,
Project nature and history
Project Runeberg is a digital archive initiative patterned cultural partner after the English-language cultural initiative, Project Gutenberg ; It was founded by Lars Aronssonand colleagues at Linköping University , especially within the university group. Lysator (see below), with the love of publishing free electronic versions of the Nordic countries .   The Project began its first Nordic-language literature pieces (parts of the Fänrik Ståls Sägner , of Nordic dictionaries and of Bible from 1917) in December 1992. 
In its naming, a moniker similar to “Gutenberg” was desired. The Project Was thereby Given the name of Finland ‘s national poet Johan Ludvig Runeberg , and so further Top contained a hint based on the meanings of ict component parts- Rune (letter in Runic script) and berg (mountain) -so That in Nordic MOST Languages it can be translated loosely as “mountain of letters”. [ Citation needed ]
The Project Began archiving Nordic-language literature in December 1992.  As of 2015 It Had Accomplished digitization to Provide graphical facsimiles of old works Such As the Nordisk familjebok ,  [ better source needed ] and HAD Accomplished, in whole or in part, the text extraction and copyediting of These as well as esteemed Latin works [ citation needed ] and English translations from Nordic authors-eg, Carl August Hagberg’s interpretations of Shakespeare’s plays  -and sheet music and other texts of cultural interest. [ Citation needed ]
By 2001, technology- imaging scanning and optical character recognition techniques have been used to extract large quantities of texts from the Nordisk familjebok (45,000 pages).  Project Runeberg is hosted by an academic computer group, Lysator , and Linköping University , in Linköping in southern Sweden . [ Citation needed ]
- Open content
- Project Gutenberg
- List of Danish online encyclopedic resources
- Jump up^ Alexa, 2015, “Entry: runeberg.org,” atalexa.com(online), see, accessed 22 April 2015.
- Jump up^ Ingemar Breithel, Ed., 2015, “Posten: Projekt Runeberg” [in Swedish; Engl., “Entry: Project Runeberg”], at Nationalencyklopedin (online encyclopedia), see, accessed 22 April 2015.(subscription required)
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Marcus Boldemann, 2003, “” Kultur: Ugglan “hoar gratis på nätet” [ in Swedish ; Engl., Culture: “‘The owl’ hoots for free online”], Dagens Nyheter (online), April 23, 2003, see  . Accessed 22 April 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Rittsel, Pär (11 April 2003). ” Visionary with an uncertain future”. Computer Sweden (in Swedish) . Retrieved 2016-10-03 .
De första texterna, en del av. Fänrik Ståls Sägner, nordiska ordlistor och Bibeln från 1917, lades ut till Lucia 1992.